How Does ScrumInsight Work
ScrumInsight consists of a survey about your team's environment and how your team practices Scrum. Each Scrum Team member gets a unique survey code upon completing the survey. Answering the questions takes between 10 and 20 minutes for each person.
TIP: Use Scrum Insight during your Retrospective!
Our software performs sophisticated analysis of the survey responses and publishes a report for the team. The advice and information included in your team's report is based on our experience working with Scrum teams since 2004. That experience is captured in our software in the form of sophisticated rules and a HUGE amount of written content to cover every situation! Scrum Insight is an automated online Scrum coach.
NOTE: we do not collect your email address for the Basic and Detailed reports... you must retain the survey codes for each team member who completes the survey!
- The Basic report is available to individuals for free immediately after at least one team member has finished the survey. You can generate it by entering a survey code on the home page. The basic report contains the following sections:
- Overall Scores - for the team's use of Scrum and the team's environment
- One Quick Win - the most important, highest impact improvement that the team can work on
- Recommended Support - resources to help your team
- The Detailed report is generated when at least four team members complete the survey. You can enter the survey codes on the Team Report page. The detailed report contains the following sections:
- Everything in the Basic report plus...
- Scrum Score Card - Scrum scores broken down into six aspects of Scrum
- Team Environment Score Card - details on the team's culture and support
- Basic Industry Comparison & Ranking - comparing to all the teams that have already used Scrum Insight
- Education & Support Needs - where are the gaps in your team's knowledge of Scrum
When your Detailed report is generated, we recommend printing it out immediately so that you do not need to re-enter all the survey codes to access it again.
- The Professional edition can be purchased anytime after at least four team members have completed the survey. The Professional report contains the following sections:
- Everything in the Detailed report plus...
- 5 Quick Wins - high-impact ways to improve right now with lots of detail and links to outside (free) reference information
- Long Term Recommendations - strategic insight and advice for sustaining high-performance Scrum and changing organizational culture
- Detailed Industry Comparison - how your team is doing compared to others with more data and charts
- Easy Access to your report - a custom permanent link in your inbox so you don't have to re-enter a bunch of survey codes every time!
- ... and more explanation for each of the sections of the report, including an FAQ
- ... and your team's scores contribute to our global database of teams for comparison purposes!
- The Enterprise edition is custom-configured for you with a unique url for your teams, and a dashboard. We also include support and integration services. The Enterprise report contains the following additional features:
- A customized dashboard for tracking and comparing team results
- Access to integration APIs including access to global anonymized data for analysis
- Customized survey questions
- Links to internal resources for support within your organization
Please call +1-800-215-2314 for details.
TIP: for best results, make sure your Scrum Master and Product Owner participate!
Why It Works
How much money and time could be saved by doing Scrum well? It's probably a lot more than you expect. Many organizations struggle to use Scrum properly and miss the incredible benefits of Scrum. In our assessments we find that most Scrum teams are wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. There are many reasons for this gap:
- lack of training or poor training
- obstacles in your organization
If you are managing multiple teams, you can use ScrumInsight to compare how your teams are doing. Find out the strengths of your "A" teams so they can help your "B" teams. ScrumInsight helps you identify opportunities for cross-training between teams. Use the objective scoring of the report to create a healthy competition between your teams that will heat up their performance - fast.